From the desk of Tucker Pearson:
These last three weeks were fun. Although the second week was probably my favorite and the most useful out of the three. This week, my sponsor steered me in the direction of wordpress, publishing, web servers, and real sharing. I tried to for a while to get my own apache server up and running, but (I probably sound like a broken record now) Proctor prohibits it. After I realized I couldn't share my creations on the actual internet, my initiative took a dive. If I couldn't make something to share, I didn't want to put all the effort into it.
I thought I could be more productive if I learned a lot of useful basics for making web pages in the long run. So, later, when I needed to make one for whatever reason, (to foster a community around my artwork, or a friends music, or squirrel pictures) I would have the skills.
The current trend in sharing is what makes web 2.0 really cool. Most web applications these days share their own private code with the world to make their application more accessible. obviously, people don't take the credit from the original maker, they would just imbed the code in blogs or their own static pages. All this sharing, especially if its the sharing of peer to peer applications like flickr or youtube is what is pushing the web so fast.
This extremely social, informative, efficient, and easy to use technology is the same technology used by big businesses, small prep schools, the president of the United Sates, and people like you and me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment