From the desk of Tucker Pearson:
This was an amazing middle week. I would like to note that this reflection is late because when I started to write it, I turned on my computer, but it never turned on, so I had to wait for the tech lab to make it better today (on Monday). This week was less research, and more hands on. I spent two long says shadowing my Sponsor, Tara, at work. The first day, she and her colleagues presented to about a dozen or two potential customers about the communication benefits of the new Microsoft office and share point and operating system. The presentations lasted all morning, so I had trouble paying attention when I woke up at five that morning to make it Woburn. I got a taste. that day, of how offices and businesses need the best software to communicate. The second meeting I went to was more specific. Instead of a plethora of potential buyers, this was a meeting with someone Tara already knew. His name was Rich, and he was the Chief Information Officer (CIO) of Gorton's, the fish company based in Gloucester. The meeting was all about explaining Microsoft's new integrated communications. I explained this earlier, but basically, it links a person's email, cell phone, answering machine, landline, instant messaging, calender, etc... Gorton's seemed happy with this package, and I will find out from my sponsor later how the deal went. The rest of my week was transitional research.
I talked with my sponsor a lot, and looked at, own my own, what makes websites popular gives them longlevity. I don't want to repeat myself too much, but I figured the cheaper the service, generally the more people would stay with it. Thats why free services like google's products and facebook are extremely used and busy. The concept of paying for a social netowrking site like facebook is just absurd at this point. Other factors are really just common sense, which services are easier to use? Which services are marketed better so more of your friends are on it? Which services actually do things that will help you?
I will incorperate the things I learned to make a final presentation that will hopefully link together these concepts.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment