Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weekly Reflection 1, May 10th

From the desk of Tucker Pearson:

I have really enjoyed this first week. Because I had an exam in the middle of the week, I was at school with limited mobility. I spent the majority of my time researched information to prepare for the later stages of my project. I started my work by learning what web 2.0 was and why it was 2.0. Web 2.0 (Two Point Oh) is an evolution in the web that shifts focus from static, singularly controlled websites to programs and environments that are updated frequently by multiple users.
I became familiar with these concepts by spending time with them. I learned my way around services like Flickr, Delicious, Youtube, and even Blogspot. These tools allowed me to easily browse through multitudes of free, user-uploaded photos on Flickr, millions of creative videos on Youtube, and organize them with user generated tags to bookmark them with Delicious.

Web 2.0 is moving the web in a more user-friendly, and creative place for all people. Now, most web applications allow third parties to acquire and modify the original software, not to claim it as their own, but to make is better, and to put it places it otherwise couldn't go. There are dozens of thousands of gadgets and plug-ins to put in your blog at blogspot alone. This generosity contributes greatly to all causes that strengthen themselves through web 2.0

Right now, most online retailers have implemented some form of customer reviews. This system allows easy communication between people looking for similar things to give opinions on similar things. Businesses and schools have similar sites, and more are popping up and getting easier to use every day. I'm excited for some hands-on next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment