From the desk of Tucker Pearson:
Apache! Apache! My attempts at wordy discovery are being foiled. I learned a whole lot today. I didn't learn about what I thought I was going to learn about, but I'm glad i know what I know now. Firstly, I spent mucho tiempo tring to get wordpress to just work! It was a program designed for easy use on a Windows, however it is still possible on a mac without too much extra work. I had to download a program called MAMP which would help me get my Apache and mySQL servers (which I still have to learn more about) up and allow me to access my wordpress page from an internet browser. I fiddled for a long while, before I realized there must be an utside force stopping me. This force was Jim Cox. Understandably, the school prohibited students from making their own web pages. I will have to talk to him tomorrow.
Tomorrow, even if I would only be able to access it from my own computer, I would start testing out wordpress, but before I do that, I need to figure out how to get there :)
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment